Hals Skanse is the best preserved single fieldwork in Denmark and dates back to the renaissance. From the earthwork with the historical cannons there is a great view over Hals and the Limfjord.
The first Hals Skanse was built in the 1620’s in order to secure Aalborg as well as the land of the Limfjord as a whole.This fieldwork was taken and reinforced by the enemy, the troops of the German Keiser in the fall of 1627, and was since left to become dilapidated in the years 1630-1652.
1 July 1653 a royal order originated from the King to the vassal of Aalborghus to build a fieldwork near Hals, and with a starting point in the fieldwork of King Christian IV, the fieldwork we see today was built.The fieldwork was finished in 1654.
Powder festival at Hals Skanse every summer.